You be the judge
Sure, the top-notch litigators who appear before you will be making more money than you, but as a judge, you’ve got the power.
- Top salary for judge of the OCJ: $311,082
- Top salary for case management master at the SCJ: $188,199
- Top salary for Justice of the Peace of the OCJ: $194,980
Make friends in high places
The Attorney General’s office is lousy with lawyers making over $100,000 and many making twice that.
- Highest paid spot in the AG’s office (crown counsel): $230,069
Go back to school
Deans, professors, and university counsel do quite well. Especially at U of T.
- Top salary for a law school dean (U of T): $268,914
- Top salary for counsel to a university president (U of T): $260,545
- Top salary for a law professor (U of T): $254,578
The provincially-owned power utilities invest heavily in the upper echelons of management.
- Senior VP, Law/General Counsel, Ontario Power Generation: $552,565
- General Counsel/VP, Legal & External Affairs, Ontario Power Authority: $291,448
- General Counsel, Hydro One: $284,778