1. OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT
1.4. Law and Style does not knowingly collect information from people under the age of 13 without the consent of your parent or guardian, and does not target our websites and Service to children under 13.
2. THE PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT FROM YOU
2.1. The Service collects information from you in two ways: directly from your input and automatically through the Service’s technologies.
- (a) Personal Information you give us: The types of Personal Information the Service collects directly from you may include the following as well as any other Personal Information type that we expressly ask you to enter and submit to the Service:
- (i) Contact information, such as name, title, organization and/or law firm, gender and date of birth, business and/or personal address, phone number and email address;
- (ii) photographs;
- (iii) information about a lawyer’s practice and experience, such as year of call, law school, area of practice, and biography;
- (iv) account holder information, such as username and passwords;
- (v) billing address; and
- (vi) payment information (e.g. credit card).
- (b) Information Law and Style collects about you: In order to provide our Service, we collect the following information from you:
- (i) Internet Protocol (“IP”) address used to connect your computer to the Internet;
- (ii) computer, device and connection information, such as browser type and version, operating system, mobile platform, screen resolution, language, unique device identifier (“UDID”) and other technical identifiers;
- (iii) uniform resource locator (“URL”) click stream data, including date and time, title of web page, and content you viewed or searched for on a Service; and
- (iv) location information for any of our location-aware Service to provide you with more relevant content for where you are in the world.
- (i) Law and Style and our service providers use these technologies for various purposes, including: facilitating the login process, administering, customizing and improving the Service, personalizing the browsing experience; advertising, promotions and surveys, reporting and paying royalties and license fees to third-party providers, such as authors, societies and other copyright holders and content distributors as well as tracking and analyzing user preferences and trends.
- (ii) Our HTML-formatted emails may contain a web beacon to tell us whether our emails are opened and verify any clicks through to links or advertisements within the email. We may use this information for purposes including determining which of our emails are more interesting to users, to query whether users who do not open our emails wish to continue receiving them and to inform our advertisers in aggregate how many users have clicked on their advertisements. The web beacon will be deleted when you delete the email. Emails in plain text rather than HTML will not include the web beacon.
- (iii) There are a number of ways to manage cookies. The “help” portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new browser cookie, and how to disable existing browser cookies. However, if you block cookies, you may not be able to register, login or make full use of the Service. You can also use your mobile device’s settings to manage the available privacy options.
2.2. In the event that you have submitted Personal Information about another individual to us, you represent and warrant that you have obtained any and all consent required by Applicable Laws to do so.
3. WHAT WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION
3.1. Law and Style (and third party data processors who may be acting on our behalf) may collect, use, store and process your Personal Information described above for the following purposes:
- (a) to present the Service and its respective contents to you;
- (b) to administer and operate the Service, including processing payments;
- (c) to distribute your Personal Information on our other platforms, including social media platforms and through our e-newsletter;
- (d) to improve the contents of our Service, including to customize the content, advertising and/or layout of websites;
- (e) conduct analytics to improve and enhance our Service;
- (f) to personalize the Service and to select content to be communicated to you or to use features on the Service such as sharing content with a friend or colleague;
- (g) to contact you, including through e-mail, in respect of your use of the Service or for other marketing purposes (subject to any applicable laws or regulations);
- (h) to offer new products, services or programs to you, including through emails, promotions or contests (subject to any applicable laws or regulations);
- (i) to prevent and detect security threats, fraud or other malicious activity;
- (j) in any other way we may describe when you provide us with the Personal Information;
- (k) to the extent we have a legal obligation, right or duty under the Applicable Law to use or disclose your information (including for crime and fraud prevention, resolving disputes, enforcing our agreements or other related purposes);
- (l) to anonymize and aggregate the Personal Information for any other purposes, provided that no identifiable personal information can be readily identified; and
- (m) for any other purpose with your consent.
3.2. If we combine any automatically collected information with Personal Information, the combined information will be treated by us as Personal Information.
3.3. Law and Style will only retain your Personal Information for as long as reasonably necessary having regard to the purposes for which your Personal Information was collected and will delete or anonymize such Personal Information after the expiry of such period unless otherwise required under the Applicable Law and any anonymized and aggregated information will be retained by Law and Style.
4. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
4.1. Law and Style may share your Personal Information that it collects from you or that you provide to Law and Style with selected third parties for the following purposes:
- (a) to operate and provide the Service or any other purposes as set out in paragraph 3.1 above; and
- (b) to enforce or apply any agreements between us and you, or to investigate potential breaches of such agreements.
4.2. Law and Style may share your Personal Information with, without limitation:
- (a) business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance, or their assistance with, of any contract we enter into with them or you; and
- (b) companies that provide statistical analysis services.
4.4. Law and Style may also disclose Personal Information: (i) to comply with any applicable laws, regulations, governmental and quasi-governmental requests, court orders or subpoenas; (ii) to enforce or apply any agreements between us and you; (iii) to protect Law and Style’s rights, property or safety or the rights, property or safety of other users of the Service or others (e.g., for fraud protection etc.); or (iv) to resolve any disputes.
4.6. In the event that a third party proposes to acquire all or some of our business and/or assets, we may disclose your Personal Information to that third party in connection with their proposed or actual acquisition. In the event that we become insolvent or we are in any similar situation, we may also disclose your Personal Information to third parties as part of a business or asset sale carried out where such disclosure is lawful and compliant with the Applicable Laws.
5. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF DATA
Law and Style has in place security measures to store all Personal Information collected and received securely. We use appropriate technical, organizational, administrative and physical measures to protect your Personal Information contained in our system against accidental damage, deletion, misuse, loss and unauthorized access or alteration.
7. YOUR RIGHTS
7.1. You have the right to, at any time, ask us not to process or share your Personal Information for marketing purposes (even where you have previously given consent). Law and Style will inform you (before collecting your Personal Information) if it intends to use your Personal Information for such purposes or if Law and Style intends to disclose your Personal Information to any third party for such purposes (subject to obtaining your prior consent).
7.2. You have the right to access details of your Personal Information that we hold about you by written request and to request correction or rectification of such Personal Information, if the Applicable Laws allows you to do so.
7.3. You may choose to no longer receive communications from us. You may unsubscribe to any email from us using the instructions in the email you receive; this will not stop us from sending emails about your account or transactions with us or other information required for your use of the Service.
7.5. You have the right to make a complaint about a possible breach of the Applicable Laws to us. We will consider any complaints we receive and respond to your complaint within a reasonable period of time. You also may lodge a complaint about the treatment of your Personal Information with the supervisory authority located in you jurisdiction, if the Applicable Laws allow you to do so.