The Women’s Law Association of Ontario and the Law Society are teaming up once again to present “You’re a Lawyer — Now What?” — the 5th annual Alternative Careers for Women in Law program.
On Wednesday, May 4, beginning at 5:30 p.m., join a group of experts at the Law Society for a discussion about career changes and the hidden opportunities in law. Two panels have been assembled. The first features lawyers who have found success pursuing atypical career paths:
- Debra Campbell, philanthropic advisor;
- Bryna Goldberg, retired executive vice-president and general counsel at Shoppers Drug Mart and director of Second Cup;
- Terrie-Lynne Devonish, chief counsel for Aon Canada; and
- Maria McDonald, bioethicist and privacy officer at Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital.
The second panel brings together legal career experts to answer your questions:
- Ritu Bhasin from Bhasin Consulting Inc.;
- Carrie Heller of The Heller Group;
- Anita Lerek from Advocate Placement Ltd.; and
- Rebecca Toth of ZSA Legal Recruitment.
Registration for students and WLAO members is $40; general admission is $50. Visit www.wlao.on.ca to register.