Mental-health issues affect us all. You might feel anxious about a case, beyond what’s normal, but you don’t know where to turn for help. You might have a colleague who drinks too much, but you have no idea how to bring it up or what response to expect.
But things are not that hopeless. We’ve collected some of the most difficult mental-health dilemmas that lawyers face and asked a fleet of experts to offer practical solutions to each one. Because it’s one thing to talk about the mental-health crisis in law — it’s another to try to end it.
- I’m on a case that’s wrecking my life. What’s wrong with me?
- What services can I access as an Ontario lawyer?
- How do I select a therapist?
- My colleague drinks too much. What should I do?
- Three experts weigh in dilemmas that defy a simple answer.
Illustrations by Wenting Li