Law and Style Media Inc. is hiring a full-time Marketing Manager
On Wednesday December 5th, 2018Print
Law and Style Media Inc. is hiring a full-time Marketing Manager to start in late January 2019
About Law and Style Media
Law and Style Media Inc. is an independent, Toronto-based media company that produces high-quality, professional and stylish content for lawyers and law students. Established in 2007, the company delivers magazines, websites, eNewsletters, social media, events and sponsored content to the legal community. Our products include Precedent Magazine (an award-winning quarterly print magazine that is sent to 15,000 Toronto lawyers), PrecedentJD (a website for law student content plus an annual national print magazine), the Precedent A-List (a website for career announcements and job opportunities exclusively for lawyers) and our annual Precedent Setter Awards event.
This is an exciting time at Law and Style Media Inc. Our products are always evolving and new ideas are in the works. The Marketing Manager will bring their strong leadership and organizational skills to a very interesting mix of marketing products by helping to come up with ideas, planning a strategy for execution, setting expectations for deliverables and learning from the results.
The Marketing Manager will oversee the Marketing Coordinator and also manage external supplier relationships as we continue to build on our existing projects and execute new ones.
- Develop and execute an annual marketing plan, including a calendar of marketing initiatives
- Working closely with the Senior Editor, develop and oversee the social media strategy for each product
- Submit applications for magazine award competitions
- Apply for and execute grant projects that further the growth of the company
- Attend events in the legal community on behalf of the company
Digital product management
- Oversee company websites for maintenance, updates and rebrands
- Apply website knowledge to troubleshoot issues as they arise and work with web developers to solve problems
- Work with publisher to develop and launch new digital products
- Oversee scheduling and deployment of all company eNewsletters
- Evaluate current sponsored content projects and set goals for future projects
- Act as project lead and client contact for sponsored content projects
- Use digital analytics skills to provide publisher with data to support sales
- Work to improve use of company CRM for more effective contact with clients and potential clients and to improve marketing automation
- Manage distribution of copies of physical magazines. Liaise with circulation service providers, printer, Canada Post and other distribution suppliers
- Working closely with the publisher, oversee the adoption and implementation of a new subscription management software that will be used to better understand and engage our audience
- Oversee the ongoing collection of demographic information
- Plan and execute annual Precedent Setter awards reception
- Launch new marketing initiatives including our newly established Innovation Awards
- Work with publisher to explore additional event opportunities
Skills & Qualifications
- Experience managing and leading projects
- Familiarity with HTML, Google Analytics, SEO, social media platforms, Photoshop, content management systems such as WordPress, eNewsletter platforms such as Campaign Monitor, CRM software and marketing automation software
- Experience with development of content for websites and social media
- Experience planning and executing events
- Highly organized with experience setting and meeting deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to write with respect for tone and audience
- Ability to be self-directed and self-motivated
Other skills and qualifications that would be helpful but not mandatory
- Experience working in a magazine environment
- Knowledge of the legal profession
- Familiarity with project management tools such as GANTT or Asana
- Photography experience
- Law and Style Media offers a generous health and dental package.
- The Law and Style Media Inc. office is located in downtown Toronto near King and Parliament
How to apply
Please email your résumé along with a letter outlining your interest and qualifications to:
Melissa Kluger, CEO
Law and Style Inc.
Please use the following subject line in your email:
Marketing Manager Application
Deadline for applications is January 2, 2019. The Marketing Manager must be available to start by late January.
Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis. We encourage early applications.
Law and Style Media Inc. thanks all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.